Obtaining Permits for the Green Leaf Dealers
Eligibility and required Documents
- The vehicle (Lorry) used to transport green leaves should be with a roof. If not should have a suitable covers (carpet) to protect leaves from rain.
- Must have a weighing balance of 50 Kg with a valid license issued for the particular year.
- The vehicle must be modified according to a certain system in order to minimize the damages to the leaves in transporting. (installing shelves or plastic containers)
- The centre should consist of a short wall (Parapet wall) and a roof to protect from animals and to cover from rain.
- The floor of the centre should have prepared with cement or should have a proper carpet. (to avoid mixing leaves with sand)
- In the centre, should not store any thing else such as Kerosene oil, cement, fertilizer, agro chemicals etc. other than green leaves.
Process of submitting applications
The places that the application forms can be obtained - Tea Commisioners division of Sri Lanka Tea board's head office and Assistant Tea Commissioner's Offices.
Fees payable to obtain application forms - No payment is required.
Time of accepting applications - Applications may forward during office time in any working day of the week. (from 8.30a.m. to 4.15 a.m.)
Note – The closing date of application would be published by the Sri Lanka Tea Board.
Fees payable to obtain the service -Fees payable a new permit as well as renewal of the previous year permit is Rs.500/-.
If you want to obtain a permit as a green leaves dealer the amount to be depositted are as follows.
|Amount of green leaves collected per day (Kg)
||Amount to be deposited (Rs.)
|Up to 250
|251 – 500
|501 – 750
|751 – 1,000
|1,001 – 2,500
|2,501 – 5,000
|5,001 – 6,000
|6,001 – 7,000
|7,001 – 8,000
|8,001 – 9,000
|9,001 – 10,000
You can deposit money to the account no. given by the relavant Assistant Tea Commissioner's office and the bank slip should be attached to the application.
Time lapse to offer service -A permit will be issued during a month
Organization InformationSri Lanka Tea Board
Telephones:+ 94-11-2587814 / + 94-11-2587773