Register all TVET institutions
Registration of training institutes, which are providing tertiary and vocational education and training, is a legal requirement. Registration is done according to the clause No: 14th of tertiary and vocational education act no: 20 of 1990. The criteria for the institution registration was gazetted in the government gazette (Extraordinary) no: 887/8, dated 7th September 1995 to assure the quality and relevance of TVET sector in the country.
TVET Institutes cannot be established, managed, run or control without being registered under this act. Therefore, TVEC has taken steps from 1990 to register the training institutes. Initially provincial registration will be given according to the grades.
A & B grade institutes registered for three (03) year duration.C grade institutes registered for two (02) year duration.On completion of this duration, the status of the registration will be expired and renewal of registration to be done. All the Registration applications and guidelines could be obtain from TVEC office or download from the web site, www.tvec.gov.lk
- Receive of application for registration
- Desk evaluation
- Acknowledge application shortcomings
- Receive completed document
- Physical evaluation
- Inform outcomes of evaluation
- Sent registration certificate (after board approval)(Approximate duration - 12 week)
Criteria used for the Registration
- Curricula and course material
- Logistic and Training facilities
- Qualification, experience and pedagogical skills of the staff
- Training Delivery and Assessment
- Student welfare support services
- Management and records maintenance
Marginally acceptable for provisional registration. This registration valid for 2 Years.
Fully acceptable for provisional registration. This registration valid for 3 Years.
B or C+ over 50% of the courses that have TVEC accreditation standard are accredited.
A plus externally audited Quality Management System (QMS)
Recommended charges for Provisional Registration are as follows,
- Treasury funded Public Sector Institutes - Rs.500.00 (to be forwarded with the application)
- Private and Non Governmental institutions
- A+ Grade institute - Rs.3000.00
- A Grade institute - Rs.2500.00
- B Grade institute - Rs.1500.00
- C Grade institute- Rs.1000.00
- Registration application must be forwarded with the minimum fee of Rs. 1000/= and the balance, if any, after determining the category of registration. Re-inspection due to inadequacies of training institute Rs. 1000/=. (Both public & private institutes)
- Registration application must be forwarded with the registration fee of Rs 1000.00 and the balance, if any after determining the category of registration will be required to pay later.
- Registration can be download form TVEC web site or you can get it from TVEC office.
Payment of Registration fee
- Money order prepared in favour of Deputy Director (Finance) Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission and paying office as "Narahenpita"
- Direct cash payment to The commission office at Narahenpita.
Mr. W.K.D. Harischandra
அமைப்பு பற்றிய தகவல்Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission
தொலைநகல் இலக்கங்கள்:011 2555007